The Mighty Fellblade


Since my painting course finished I decided to take a nice "gentle" step up to paint my Fellblade.

This has proven to be a ridiculous move and I have now stripped and re-primed this model 4 times now. 

Each time has been a lesson learnt the hard way: 1) GW paints do NOT work well in an airbrush 2) Never deviate off the tutor's recipe because you forgot to buy the right colours and you're far too eager/impatient to wait until they arrive 3) scrub the releasing agent off thoroughly, if you don't then it's likely that any masking tape will pull everything off very well!

Inspite of these frustrations I have nearly got to where I would have been at the end of day 1 had I attended another painting course; that being a fully shaded and highlighted model, ready now for gloss varnish so that transfers can be applied.

I'm pleased by the results not to mention my grasp of colour theory, did you know that purple ink laid over green can really compliment and accentuate green? No, neither did I until I was told!

If I were to do this a 5th time (which I will not) the one thing that I would change is the ratio of dark to light green on the side of the tank. You can see that the dark green runs to about 3/4 height of the tank. On another model, this would be reversed to show 3/4 light green with the dark colour only sitting at the bottom of the tank. Lessons for another model at another time!





Comments

Popular Posts