Ulthwe Eldar Arrive

The Ulthwe eldar are a mini project designed to bulk out my eldar/dark eldar forces past the 8,000 point mark. They'll be focused around models that I don't already have in my Sam-Hain army such as wraithguard, crimson hunters, night spinners and so on. This project will also be a bit of a departure in that it won't be a dip and go army - I'm actually going to do some highlighting and shading for a change.

First off the block are the wraithguard. I love these models and they look great in the Ulthwe colour scheme. I actually got some quite subtle highlights on the bone using pallid wyche flesh but apparently the highlights are too subtle for my camera to pick up (I really need to get a DSLR). I'm very pleased and am loving the forgeworld transfers on the heads.


These guys are going to war in a wave serpent. This was fun to paint, though highlighting each panel did take some time. Again I'm very happy with the Ulthwe paint scheme. On this model I experimented with using Vallejo decal fix to apply the transfers followed by a layer of Vallejo matt varnish over the top. I'm very disappointed with the results; as you can see below the transfers on the front wings are still incredibly glossy and shiny. The matt varnish has also dried with a mottled grey effect which is very visible on the side panels on the bottom photo. Going to have a look at the guides to see if I did something wrong, but in the mean time some of the transfers will be scraped off and painted over.



Comments

Popular Posts