Imperial Knight Phase 2

Phase 2
Having completed all the base colours I've now started to add in the first levels of detail.

I've decided to work on the yellow portions of the armour plates first. The photos below show two levels of detail as follows:
  1. Agrax Earth shade was applied to all the recess areas and along all the edges which connect to the silver rims on the armour plate.
  2. Ushabti bone is then applied as an edge highlight to all the yellow areas.
Points to note:
  • Averlund Sunset is a dark yellow colour, in fact it's darker than the photos suggest. If you're trying to create a light/bright yellow armour then the base coat needs to be covered with Yriel Yellow - I've opted for a darker pallet so that there is some cohesion with my Dark Angels and my Grey Knights.
Next steps
  • I need to complete the Ushabti bone edge highlighting and then it's onto the black armour plates.

The Ushabti bone highlights can be easily seen on the Knight's left shoulder pad.

Comments

Popular Posts