The Grey Knights Muster

Well, this has been a labour of love over the last 18 months. This is my completed Grey Knights army, fashioned on the original Daemon Hunter colour scheme of black (dark bluey/black in my case) and white helmets.

I think I have about 3000 points here consisting of:
3x Terminator squads
3x Grey Knight/Purifyer squads (two squads are magnetised so that they can be played as Interceptors)
1x Land raider
1x Storm raven
1x Dreadnaught
2x Dreadknights
1x Draigo/Grand Master
1x Librarian

There are previous posts outlining the basic colour scheme, however having developed my technique over the last few months I realised that I needed to do some re-work on all the models to ensure some consistency.

Additional changes are as follows:
1) Applied a new "wonder wash" to all metallic areas (recipe for this will follow in another post in due course).
2) Applied a light dusting of weathering powders to the legs to show a little bit of environmental dirt
3) Sprayed all models in a matt varnish to tone some colours down and seal the powders.

I'm really pleased with this army - there is something very satisfying about developing your own colour scheme and seeing that it fits right into the 40k universe without looking too clown-like.

I apologise for the quality of the photos. I will in due course, post new photos using white backgrounds, but for now, these will have to do. I also apologise for the kitchen...my wife and I will be changing this at some point :-)

What's next for me?

Well, I desperately wanted to finish this project off before I start a new painting course at Element Games in Manchester this weekend. I'll be learning how to use an airbrush and techniques including; pre-shading, post-shading, advanced weathering and use of oil paints. This technique will help me speed up my output now that my professional life has so effectively limited my time for my hobby...and hopefully take my painting to a whole new level.

I'm going to focus on a small, new army, which will be the Blood Angels. I'm keen to do a small 1850 force, that can ally my Dark Angels and represent some real "Death from the Skies" close combat attack.

That said, my first love, will continue to be my Dark Angels Army. I eagerly await the new codex release this weekend and I have a lot of outstanding models to finish (having excitedly purchased more models recently).

I've decided that I will:
a) Complete the 3rd company as per the new formations rumoured for the new codex (thereby giving me 2 demi companies
b) Up-weighted Ravenwing including a fire raptor, 12 more bikes and dark shroud
c) Deathwing still have 2x 5-man squads un-painted...and they desperately need some transportation...like a spartan or two.
d)...oh and a Fell Blade

...All of this in eager preparation for our next 8000 point (or given John's current cryptic texts, 10,000 point) bug hunt at the end of the year....what a battle that will be.

Enjoy the photos for now

Steve the Chilli Kebab













Comments

Popular Posts