The Emperor's finest

I was fortunate enough to be given the Grey Knights Nemesis Vanguard set for my birthday back at the end of last year.

The set is made up of a Land Raider, Dread Knight, 5-Man terminator squad and then 15 Grey Knights that can be converted into Purifiers or Interceptors.

Over the Christmas break I managed to build everything except for 5 Grey Knights. I magnetised all the back packs so my 10-man Grey knights can triple up as standard Grey knights, Interceptors or Purifiers which is really handy.

I also purchased a Librarian in Terminator armour. It's the standard fine cast model, but I decided to do some heavy customisation on him and I'm really pleased with how the model has turned out.

I've now managed to start painting. Whilst I've put the base coat on all my models, I've decided to focus purely on the Landraider, terminators and Librarian so I don't bite off more than I can chew.

Those particular models have not only been base-coated in my 50:50 Abbadon Black, Fang mix, but I've also started to apply other base colours to them. So far so good!
There's not much in the Landraider kit these days that really helps to define the model as a Grey Knights Model. I've had to personalise this with Forge World doors, Iconography from the Storm Raven Kit, Brass Etchings (see the front sword) and lots of Scrolls.



I've managed to manipulate the right arm to make this look like the Hammer is in full swing. I've also had to attempt a little Green Stuff moulding to make sure the terminator's arm is vaguely aligned to the swinging hammer

Magnetised Back packs

Converted Librarian. Really looking forward to painting this chap


It all looks a bit bright at the moment. But is've had to brighten the shot so the dark detail comes through. Things will also tone down once washes are put on



Comments

Popular Posts