John's March 18 Progress

Back up to Warhammer World for a second time this year to celebrate the birthday of the awesome Gary H. Was feeling a bit peaky but managed to get two games in before succumbing to the rot of Nurgle. First game was against Gary's Imperial Fists and Gary's dice decided to abandon him. My contemptor was able to walk across the board through a hail of inaccurate fire and smash Gary's brand new Fellblade into pieces.


Warhammer World are definitely adding more scenery to their boards and they felt a lot more densely packed than when I've played on them previously. There was a ton of cover.


Gary's terminators deep struck in and went on a bit of a rampage, but it wasn't quite enough to pull back a draw.




Second game was against some ravening World Eaters and was much closer, ending with only one VP in it. There was a lot of AV14 to deal with.


...and Castremen Orth's Sicaran Venator was taken out early on by outflanking speeders.


On the right of the board my tactical squads outflanked into a meatgrinder of whirling chain axes, taking on three different World Eater units and managing to destroy one before being wiped out.


While on the left hand side of the board my terminators outflanked on and destroyed all who stood before them, killing a Praetor, a command squad, an inducti squad, an apothecary, a spartan and Surlak himself. They had a good game.


March was also the last time the Titan's gaming club opened at the Finchley Scout Hut. Hopefully they'll find a new home soon. Will H marked the occasion by beating the living daylights out of me with his Sallies.






I also had a game of 40k with Steve A. I'm still not feeling 8th edition, though playing a smaller scale game where I wasn't moving around hundred's of bodies helped. I will reserve judgement until the Drukhari codex comes out and see if they awaken my interest in the game.


I also managed to play a full 3k game of Heresy against Stevie and his newly completed and quite gorgeous Blood Angels. We timed out and called it an honourable draw, but it was a fun game. Two leviathans dropping in turn one is terrifying. I failed to take photos. Probably out of fear of how my models would look next to the boys in red.

I actually made a little hobby progress as well, attending the Cult of Paint infantry course at Firestorm Games in Cardiff. Its an amazing course and I finally understood why I've been getting some of the problems I've been experiencing with airbrushing in close. I learnt a lot and I managed to finish off this guy









Comments

Popular Posts