Blood Angels - a long, slow start August 30th 2016

I completed the first 5 assault marines for my Blood Angels last month, but as I'm on holiday at the moment, this is actually the first time I have been able to find some time to upload some photos.

Having been on a week long hobby course with MKA Studios back in May, I was able to apply some of the new techniques that I learnt on painting infantry, metallics and basing, to come up with a result that I am really happy with.

Painting these models is taking quite a lot of time, each non-red area is blacked out before other colours are put on and I'm slowly improving my brush technique which means that I'm learning to get a better level of control which enables finer line highlights and neat little scratches...each of which are also highlighted. This all takes a lot of time.

I'm also really pleased with the bases. These are all built from scratch and actually don't take that much time - the base colour being Skavenblight Dinge and browns on sandy areas, which is then washed with a variety of different colours to give subtle tones. This army will eventually replace my Dark Angels...but it's going to take some time.

Finally - you'll notice that there is a cheeky Rubio model in here too. Rubio was the character model that I used on the MKA painting course that I attended, I used this model to learn all about colour theory (hence the customised colour to compliment my Blood Angels), faces, power weapons, true metallic metals, and more advanced bases. On his own, he isn't actually as good as my Blood Angels (he's got no battle damage), but when placed with the squad - I think the model contrasts really well.

I've got a pretty big WIP backlog on my work tray which includes; a Leviathan, a Deredeo, 35 more assault marines, Dreadnought Drop Pod and a Command Unit. Plenty to keep me going over th next few months for sure!










Comments

Popular Posts