Blood Angel Fire Raptor - Finished

My First unit for my Blood Angel is complete...well, there's a couple of things left to do namely the base, a few more scratches and some edge highlights on some of the gold trim.

Key learning points form this stage:
1) I chipped very lightly using brown ,iced with black - it's almost too light and out do with some more in some places

2) Oil paints are not scary now!. I could have done more with these as well. The trick is to use a top phased approach: Phase 1 is a wash that you apply in the recesses, then use a clear brush with white spirits to drag the paint back. Phase 2 is then to load some un-dilutted oil paint mixture and apply in areas where you want a heavier streak...these tends to be in areas where dirt gets caught and then blown by the force of the wind resistance - ie. around the flaps and any nooks and crannies. Its's subtle here, but works fine.

3) Fire Raptor gun turrets are a nightmare to put in...I gave up after breaking one of the holdings and just glued the turret in!

I'm looking forward to tackling something a little smaller now...I have a Deredeo that it's about 40% complete, and 20 assault marines primed and ready for my painting course on the 20th June.

I'm thinking about buying a Leviathan and Dreadnought Drop pod now.....










Comments

Popular Posts