Double update

After what feels like a period of very little hobby progress on my side, there's two updates from me this weekend.

1: We played a game!

Firstly, John and I managed to play our first game of 2016! We played a 3000 point game, Dawn of War deployment with 6 objectives each with different points values.

Having already agreed that we would play a game with no flyers, John brought a fantastic Tyranid swarm army. The army was led by a Swarm lord and included a couple of formations namely a never-ending swarm and a living artillery node. As I remember, there were also a couple of trygons a couple of carnifexes with twinned devourers and some other nasties.

On the Imperial side, I took a very elite army comprising of a Deathwing redemption force led by a Mastery level 2 Librarian and 4, five-man Deathwing squads, supported by two Landraiders, and a Grey Knight Nemesis strike force comprising a mastery level 3 librarian, 15 terminators and two dread knights. In other words, 35 terminators, two tanks, two dread knights and a whole lot of psychic dice.

We had a phenomenally close game: The imperium held 3 objectives versus the two objectives for the Tyranids, however the tyranids won the day  by having higher-scoring objectives and having secured slay the warlord and line breaker versus the imperial first blood point.

The game wasn't without it's frustrations - all key learning points for us both. The living artillery node forgot that it had re-rolls on the blast templates (which would have annihilated my Deathwing), whilst the Imperials completely forgot to run a psychic phase and committed the foulest of school-boy errors by failing to move a unit into reasonable charge distance on the swarm lord.  That said, the game was nail bitingly close and a lot of fun. It ended on turn 5, but we continued to see how things would have played out.

We didn't make a video and only took a few photos, but the result was that we comfortably played the game in the afternoon - many thanks as always to JG for his hospitality.























2: Blood Angel Hobby Progress.
My decals and stencils from Fallout studios are still not here....they will be soon I hope but I'm just waiting for a final proof to be sent through for my Fire Raptor.

I've therefore decided to press on with my infantry. I have a week-long Hooby Camp in Cardiff in June with MKA studios where I'm going to learn airbrushing infantry and advanced techniques that I can apply to my elites. This means have some infantry built.

I've managed to pull together 40 Jump Marines. I'm still a little short on MkIV Jump Packs (i'm currently 14 short) but I will find them eventually.

Today's progress revolved around drilling and pinning 40 pairs of legs to cork and putting torsos on....here they are in all their glory.





Comments

Popular Posts