Nearing the end for the 1st Legion

Following the most recent battle against the Tyranids (bat rep to follow), the Dark Angels went back to the Rock, to continue preparations for the inevitable larger fight that is yet to come (we're planning for our next 10k battle in the early part of next year)

First up on the repair table was the Dark Shroud, speeders and Renewing Black Knights which technically were not finished for the recent battle.

For all, I've applied transfers, weathering but most notable is a green marble effect on the Watchers holding the relic on the Darkshroud. I have to say, I didn't have a clue what I was doing but I'm really pleased with the result.

To achieve the green marble effect I did the following:
1) Base coated in white.
2) Drew "veins" or "cracks randomly on the watchers with a dark grey (administrator grey)
3) Repeated no.2 with a lighter grey
4) Applied 3-4 thick watches of Biel Tan Green
5) High lighted the edges with Skarsnik green
6) High lighted the cracks with Skarsnick green

All I need to do now is decide if marble should be shiny (apply glow varnish) or matt (leave as it is).



Next up on the table was my Deathwing, I've got another 9 terminators to finish to bring my contingent up to 40 terminators in total. This time however I'm using the airbrush and I applied the new Dark Angel decals which are awesome.

The photos below don't show the shading particularly well, but I am really pleased with how things have turned out. There are some finishing touches to make, but generally speaking these boys are nearly ready for war. Below is a shot of just a few of them.



Third up on the table was my Fellblade. This is completed but having received the Dark Angel decal sheet, it would have been rude not to apply one cheeky transfer....below is the final competed model now...

The new Dark Angels Decals from GW are stunning and really add something special to a centre piece model
Finally, such was my enthusiasm after the success of my airbrushing  the Deathwing...that I may have done something rather rash....I decided to strip my existing land raider crusader so that I could practice my new colour scheme.

There is some method in the madness...my Landraider is one of my oldest models so the reality is that once I start my second Landraider, the two are going to look very different. In addition, I really want to use up some of my Dark Angel decals (at £15 a pop, it would be a crime not to use them) so I have an opportunity to make both Landraiders look pretty and consistent with one another which is important.

WIP shots below...I'm pleased with the blending that I've achieved I have to say. The plan, is to have a green strip somewhere on the side....I'm going to research my Forgeworld books to see where would be best to put it.

You can see where I've ripped some iconography off the side...it doesn't make for a pretty site but I think I can cover this up with battle damage and decals....beautiful decals

Blending looks like a Tattooine Sunset... 
With all of this in motion, my list of models to complete is getting shorter. Now, all that is left is as follows:
1) 6 Ravening bikes (already highlighted, just details), 2 x attack bikes
2) 1 Ravenwing Apothecary
3) Complete the 8 dithering
4) 2 x Landraiders
5) 1 x Command rhino

...and there you have it. Nearly there!


Comments

Popular Posts