Dark Angels, 5th Tactical Squad, 3rd Company

Well, this is my penultimate tactical squad ready for our September 9000 war with the Eldar.

This squad is made from the new marine kit that came out in 2013 and I have to say, the level of detail on the plastic kit is fantastic. I also used the Caliban green spray can for the base and the result was that I had a flawless, thin base coat, that made working on the detail really fun.

I've imported everything I've learnt on this to date, so even though the spray base speeded things up for me, this squad still took me a long time to get right. I also utilised the GW transfer tutorial which worked well, even on the dodgy curved surfaces.

I applied company and squad markings and liked them so much, I went back over my other 4 squads and did the same with them and their transports. This makes everything easy to identify come the War in September.

I'm still not 100% happy about painting faces...going to have to practice this a little more. 

Comments

Popular Posts