Steve's Birthday Brawl Tournament at The Titans

Just finished a day of 750 point games at The Titans wargaming club in Finchley. I really liked the format of five 750 point games. As usual, it was a really friendly and well organised event.

The standout model of the day for me was actually a forgeworld realm of battle tile that one of the players kindly brought along. I want one!




There were a lot of really nicely painted armies. I particularly like an orc army in bad moon yellow and an Ordo Chronos inquisitorial army which was incredibly original and beautifully executed.




Also quite like this Salamander force.



I brought along an Eldar list (Spiritseer, two dire avenger units in wave serpents and a fire dragon unit in a wave serpent). It was a bit of a point and click army and could handle most opposition without too much need for tactics or planning. Which is good as I'm not good at either tactics or planning. It's nemesis however, was a Necron list based around annihilation barges. I just didn't have an answer to that much AV13. By the time I'd worked out how to handle them (don't fire at the dude in the chariot, keep backing off out of range, hit the barges with serpent shields), they had the upper hand. The Necron player was the only one to win all five of his games.


I very much like this Helldrake based off a Terrorgheist kit. When I do my Nurgle CSM army, I'm going to be ripping this off shamelessly. He's pictured here about to flambe some of my dire avengers



Thanks very much to the Guys at The Titans for organising such a great event.

Comments

Popular Posts